Recipe: (Vegan) Sauteed Kale

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I've never put up any recipes on the blog before, but I've been trying new healthy ones and thought I'd share them with you all! After all, eating healthy is an important part of style - how else can we fit into our skinny jeans?! Just kidding :) But I have been looking for more vegetarian and vegan options as I try to cut out meat and dairy from my diet - so here is a super-easy recipe for kale I tried recently. Let me know how it turns out in the comments!



Sauteed Kale Recipe  

You will need:
* 1 bunch kale
* 1 yellow onion
* 2 cloves garlic
* 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds
* sea salt
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice

1. Chop up the kale and throw away the stems.
2. Slice the onions into thin rings and mince the garlic. Set aside.
3. Pour the olive oil into the pan; let it heat up. Now toss the minced garlic and mustard seeds into the pan. Let the garlic turn dark yellow.
4. At this time, pour the sliced onion into the pan. Let the onions turn yellow.
5. Now toss the kale into the pan, adding the lemon juice for the kale to absorb and turn soft.
6. Stop cooking the kale when there are still some crunchy pieces left. Add sea salt to taste.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like The Style Matrix on Facebook

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe