Tie-Dye Scarf Style

Monday, December 05, 2011

In Karachi, one can't really leave the house without a scarf of some sort. So women here typically carry scarves called dupattas with all their outfits. But don't be fooled - despite being a required clothing staple, this scarf doesn't cramp anyone's style. There is a myriad possibilities in scarves here: silk, chiffon, fringed, laced, embroidered and embellished - you name it, it's been done. And each scarf adds a distinct look to an outfit. As I've noted in blog posts before, the opportunity to create custom pieces here by choosing the dyes and color combinations is a sheer delight. So with all the possibilities available, finding a stylish scarf hasn't been much of a problem :)

So here I am, adding a scarf with every outfit before I head out. Here I pair a vintage tie-dyed blue, yellow and purple silk scarf with some simple black leggings and a coral tank I got off a street vendor in Bangkok. (Watch by Michael Kors, shoes from Charles & Keith.) I am super-tan right now, so I added some hot pink lipstick and matching nail polish to complement the tan and bring out some pink tones.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like The Style Matrix on Facebook

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe