Eyelash Extensions: Yay or Nay?

Sunday, March 13, 2011

When I first heard about eyelash extensions, I thought, "No way, they actually make such a thing?!" And I wondered how great they must be - despite someone bringing a tweezer to your eye like this:















Anyway, I decided to go ahead and give them a try.



At first I thought they were great: my lashes looked super long and the individual lashes looked more natural than the standard. I also liked the low maintenance of it all - I didn't have to wear any mascara, which made my lashes look even more natural without the mascara clumpiness. *Note: it's better not to wear any mascara with eyelash extensions because the mascara tends to clump and tangle the extensions.

The extensions lasted about a week - I slept with them, showered with them, washed my face (but made sure to be careful). And they lasted good and sturdy.

The problem was when I tried taking them off. It took me 3 or 4 more days of rubbing that eyelash adhesive remover all over my lids, praying to high heaven they would come off - but they didn't budge! In the end I had to painfully yank out a few of my own lashes to which the false ones had adhered just to get rid of them.

Because they were practically impossible to remove, I probably wouldn't do them ever again - unless I find one that comes with a better adhesive remover!

Have any of you had better luck?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like The Style Matrix on Facebook

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe