How to Wear Ethnic Pieces, Part I

Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Hello lovely readers!

Today's post is the first in a series that will show you how to rearrange traditional ethnic pieces into other interesting, everyday outfits. The idea behind these posts is to see how many awesome clothing options you really have if you look at your wardrobe just a little bit differently.

I have some traditional costumes hanging in my closet that I don't get a lot of wear from. Some have gorgeous embroidery and embellishment details that I just love. And it was a pity they were just hanging there unworn for lack of occasion. That's when I had the idea to pull them off the bench and put them in rotation. Why can't I just mix and match these pieces with my other everyday ones, I thought, to create a truly unique ensemble?

Here is a tunic and pant outfit that I loved so much, I made the tunic into a dress for my line, Haute Heritage.


Traditional tunic and pants (Shalwar Kameez)



Check out the gorgeous silver embroidery details: 


To create a new look, I started with just the tunic and added accessories. I layered chunky jewelry to create a fresh of-the-moment look. Next, I added a chic clutch and some ankle-strapped pointy stilettos.  


Instead of wearing the tunic like a dress (which I've already done) I decided to pair it with a black leather skirt - so it's perfect for fall!





The end result:
As always, leave any comments or questions below. And check back soon for more posts coming up in this series!

xoxo

What I'm wearing
Tunic Dress: Haute Heritage
Faux Leather Pencil Skirt: Forever 21
Heels: Asos
Clutch: DVF
Sunglasses: Dita 
Watch: Michael Kors

Photography by Pareesa Azzam 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like The Style Matrix on Facebook

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe