Cool, Grey Decor

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Do you ever wonder why certain pictures jump out at you while others don't? I often ask myself this question when I'm browsing through photographs: why is it that from a sea of photos, only these are really standing out? I thought perhaps it's because the particular design or style in the photo resonates with the viewer. The photo contains an aesthetic the viewer desires for him or herself.

At least that's how I felt when I came across these two interior design photos. Both photos boast a primarily grey, white and black color scheme. There's something very crisp, clean, and serene about this color combination. It can be a risky choice though, because if done without the right accents, it's horribly boring. That's why having great details like textured white-on-white ceiling mouldings, nailhead trimmings, tufting, and mixed striped and mosaic patterns make the whole scene more interesting.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like The Style Matrix on Facebook

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe