Best Fashion Ads Spring 2012

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My favorite fashion ads this spring season seem to tell a story. The ones that really caught my eye were Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi, and Donna Karan.

Dolce & Gabbana's beautiful spread of Italian icons Monica Bellucci and Bianca Balti evokes a glamorous Italian family vacationing by the seaside:

The Fendi ad campaign includes a still that reminds me of an elegant version of Ruth Orkin's "An American Girl in Italy":

"An American Girl in Italy" by Ruth Orkin, 1951:

Donna Karan has Adriana Lima photographed in steamy Haiti in what I imagine to be a covert op:


The rest are what I thought were beautiful images based on color and shapes:

Sigrid Agren for Carolina Herrera:

Gisele in Salvatore Ferragamo set against a gorgeous sea-green lagoon backdrop:

Bottega Veneta:

Herve Leger:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like The Style Matrix on Facebook

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe