Designer Spotlight: Mara Hoffman, Ethnic-Inspired Fashion

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

One of the reasons I started this blog (a long, long time ago) was to follow modern fashions inspired by indigenous styles from around the globe.

A contemporary designer who's made this style her signature is Mara Hoffman. From Fall 2014:


These were my favorite looks from her last season that just showed at NYFW:


I'm not sure what it is I like so much about global indigenous styles. I love the vivid colors and the long, feminine silhouettes. I love the gold accents and geometric shapes. But most of all I think, I love the attention to detail and craftsmanship that goes into all the hand-embroidery and embellishments. There's something about knowing someone's time and talent went into crafting a piece that makes it special. And I appreciate designers who are able to take those traditional styles and make them contemporary and accessible to everyone.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like The Style Matrix on Facebook

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe