Travelogue: @ Badhshahi Mosque in Old City Lahore

Friday, March 08, 2013

Hey guys,

As promised, today I'm sharing photos of our travels exploring architecture in the Old City of Lahore. Visiting this historical and culturally rich place that my parents called home during their childhoods was a very self-reflective experience, and to hear their stories about how the city has changed - and how it hasn't - was pure joy. I feel lucky to have been able to share this experience with them and am grateful for the fond memories!

The building you see below is the Badshahi Mosque, one of the largest mosques in the world built in 1673 and also the architectural inspiration for many mosques built after (including the Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi, which you can check out in my post on our trip to the UAE here.)  The architectural details - including the gorgeous, symmetrical archways that created scientifically-precise acoustics - are phenomenal. I think the photographs really speak for themselves, so I'll say little else and leave the rest for you to check out yourselves. 

Enjoy!

Sanaa 

 

What I'm wearing: 
Sweater from Urban Outfitters (here)
Sunglasses from Gucci 
Bag from Zara

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like The Style Matrix on Facebook

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe