Travelogue: Sights and Sounds of Old Lahore

Thursday, February 28, 2013

One of my favorite things about browsing through blogs (like most people) is peeking into someone else's life to see where they go and what they wear. Seeing the world through someone else's perspective - the small things they notice that you usually miss - is the most interesting part. And the best is when he or she can share it artfully, with photos that make you feel like you were there.

That's what I tried to do here - tried being the operative word. Our journey through the Old City of Lahore was an ambush of bright sights and sounds. Although somewhat chaotic (I don't know how many times I almost got hit by a car or motorcycle) it was exhilarating. I'm not sure if these pics really capture how claustrophobia-inducing some parts were (especially the old Spice Market), but those close spaces were really the Old City's greatest charm - along with the architecture of course, which I will share in my next post. To anyone who can visit, I would highly recommend it. There are fewer and fewer places that can stay authentic and not commercially dominated by globalization. For all its negative PR, many places in Pakistan remain raw and therefore truly an experience of a lifetime.

The famous Food Street in Lahore - quiet in the morning 





I think this is where I almost got hit by a motorcycle
Three generations of women shopping - me, my mom, and grandmom. We are really good at it.


Traditional slippers for toddlers - kind of adorable
Dried fruit here was the best


Mmmm I'll have that one



Special thanks to Sameer Ansari for some of these shots.

In these pics, I'm wearing: 
Ethnic embroidered top from our line, Haute Heritage (coming soon) | Vintage sunnies from Gucci | Leather pants and bag from Zara | Watch from Michael Kors

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like The Style Matrix on Facebook

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe